Normally, I read many questions of the people who want to know how to care for the record player in the right way. Thus, this topic is shared a lot of many websites. Or how to choose a good turntable in the record player for sale is also a hot topic which many people want to know because they are planning to buy a record player like this. However, you should remember that to help your record player work well, you must know how to store all vinyl records properly. They include all new records and old records because the good records will affect the sound quality of your turntable too much. Moreover, you will last the life of the old vinyl records and save your money a lot. I am successful in storing and caring for all old records to last their life so I will introduce this experience to you. I think this is the useful tips to keeping your old record in the good shape.
- Store All Old Records Carefully
The careful factor is the most important to store everything. To keep the old records, you always remember three following elements:
- All records must be stored vertically.
- Moreover, you should have the strong shelves for your records. It is considered the fixed and safe location;
- Beyond that, the position of all records is not near heat and no moisture. Therefore, you must choose the dry and airy place to install the shelves which they contain your vinyl records.
- Handle The Vinyl Records Properly
You want to listen to music from your turntable. You should choose a record firstly. And then you will place that vinyl on the platter of a record player. However, how do you handle this process in the right way? Let’s refer this tip:
- When you put your hands on the grooves of the record’s surface, surely you will leave the body oil or sweat on it. Besides, this can create the good condition to attract dust and increase the development of mold;
- In this case, you only should tilt the sleeve of the record. The vinyl record will slide into your thumb. You will place your ring finger on the center hole. This hole is the middle of every vinyl. Do not let your hand touch the surface of the vinyl record.
- After that, you hold the vinyl record by two hands. The fingers will touch the outside edges of the record. At this time, you will place it on the record player.
- Replace The Old Sleeves
Although you really like the image of the paper sleeve, they are often made from the acid free paper. Thus, after using in a long time, it is also disintegrated. This will affect your records if you do not replace the old sleeve timely.
- Remove The Shrink Wrap
With the old records, it often occurs the shrink wrap. You should remove all plastic shrink wrap as soon as possible. Especially, when you see it appear on the outside of you vinyl LPs.
In addition, the case of the wrap will continue to shrink over time. Surely, it will damage the inside of your records. Thus, if you want to protect the cover of all old records you should choose the protective outer sleeves which they are made from the polyethylene or the acid free paper. I hope it will improve the shrink wrap for the vinyl record significantly.
- Keep All Old Vinyl Record Clean
The clean vinyl records will have the life higher than the dirty records. So you should regularly clean the vinyl record not only the inside of the records but also the outside of the labels. This will prevent the dust and dirt to enter your records. On the other hands, you should have the habit to clean all records before and after using them.
- Care for The Turntable Mat to Avoid Dust
You should clean the turntable mat regularly. It is a good way to protect your vinyl record to avoid dust. Therefore, you should use a dry cloth per wipe. However, nowadays, some record players use the felt mats so they seem to be more difficult to clean. In the cases, these records should be vacuumed off. This equipment can clean your vinyl records very well but never wetted.
In conclusion, you have a lot of experience about how to store your record player. It is a good knowledge. However, to help your turntable play smoothly, you also know how to take care of the old records. To have a good start, check out TrustedSounds’ list immediately whenever you have time. You will last their life effectively. Also, you can enjoy the sweet sounds of the great songs. I think 6 things in this writing will provide more useful information to use and protect the record player better.